Nashville, Tenn. (April 17, 2012) – New Haven Records, in partnership with The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum®, recently released two landmark anthologies featuring seven decades of legendary artists and heart-warming Country Gospel performances. The individually packaged CDs, Country’s Greatest Gospel Songs of the Century: Gold Edition and Country’s Greatest Gospel Songs of the Century: Platinum Edition, represent many of the genre’s most popular inspirational performances, chosen by Country Music radio, retail and music history professionals.
In addition to digitally re-mastered tracks of the original performances, the CDs include extensive liner notes and photos from Country Music Hall of Fame historians chronicling the history of Country Music and detailing each song and artist.
“We are honored to be a partner in preserving and celebrating these performances for today’s — and tomorrow’s — fans,” says Ken Harding, president of New Haven Records.
New Haven Records previously partnered with the Hall of Fame on three projects — Country’s 20 Classic Gospel Songs of the Century, Country’s 20 Classic Songs of the Century, and Sunday in the Country — which have sold more than 200,000 units collectively, Harding says, noting that Country’s 20 Classic Gospel Songs of the Century was the No. 1 selling CD sold during 2011 at the Hall of Fame’s Nashville location.
A number of new projects are currently in development between New Haven and the Hall of Fame.
Each edition of Country’s Greatest Gospel Songs of the Century sells for $8.99, with a portion of the royalties benefiting the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum®.
Track and artist listing:
1. “Go Rest High On That Mountain” – Vince Gill
2. “Farther Along” – Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt & Dolly Parton
3. “Precious Memories” – Tammy Wynette
4. “Amazing Grace” – The Statler Brothers
5. “Precious Lord, Take My Hand/Jesus Hold My Hand” (Medley) – Merle Haggard
6. “Were You There (When They Crucified My Lord)” – Johnny Cash
7. “Wings of A Dove” – Ferlin Husky
8. “In the Garden” – Jim Reeves
9. “Peace In the Valley” – Red Foley
10. “Can the Circle Be Unbroken” – The Carter Family
1. “I Know Who Holds Tomorrow” – Suzanne Cox, Alison Krauss, and The Cox Family
2. “Children Go (Where I Send Thee)” – Ricky Skaggs
3. “Uncloudy Day” – Willie Nelson
4. “Coat of Many Colors” – Dolly Parton
5. “How Great Thou Art” – Connie Smith
6. “Crying In the Chapel” – Elvis Presley
7. “Life’s Railway To Heaven” – Patsy Cline
8. “The Old Rugged Cross” – Tennessee Ernie Ford
9. “Angel Band” – Stanley Brothers
10. “I Saw the Light” – Hank Williams
About New Haven Records:
New Haven Records is a Nashville-based music corporation that includes label, publishing, and film companies. For more than two decades, they have focused on the uniquely American genres of Black Gospel, Southern Gospel, and Country & Bluegrass Gospel. New Haven’s product is distributed to the mainstream through Sony and to the Christian marketplace through Provident Music Distribution. For additional information, go to www.newhavenrecords.com.
For more information or to schedule an interview, contact: